Once again it’s that time when we think back over the previous year and come up with yet another self-indulgent list. It’s basically an excuse for me to list some of my favorite blogs, some of which you may have missed.
10. Theology of Horror Part II and Part III – This topic has continued to evolve after my initial forays in trying to explain how I’m a Christian horror writer and later as I started to think about a theology of horror in preparation for my panel discussion at the Hollywood Jesus Annual Gathering. I was asked to speak on the topic of “Horror as a Genre” to a primarily Christian audience. The panel was videotaped and will be available for download soon, in the meantime, I thought that I would post my notes on my blog.
8. Black Horror Writers – So I thought why bother with more of my ramblings on the topic. Why not get some of my friends to talk about what they think? The joke has been that there are enough of us (black horror writers) now that we can actually do panels on the topic.
7. Dark Night of the Soul Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV – It is the feeling that God is not at work, that He has abandoned us, and all of our cries are going unanswered that causes us the greatest pain. Now, what do we do about it?
6. Friday Night Date Place – Let me summarize all you need to know about any dating book, seminar, or workshop that you get sucked into: THERE IS NO FORMULA! THERE IS NO PROVEN METHOD! IT’S AS MYSTERIOUS AND ADVENTUROUS (AND TREACHEROUS) AS THE REST OF LIFE! There you go. The doctor is in. (By the way, Miss Independent is a personal favorite.)
5. The Story of Blackness – If there are any themes that tend to resurface in my life and work they are the issues of faith and race. I wasn’t aware that I was doing a series until a friend of mine pointed out that I seemed to be leading to something in my posts. Here are the threads of the discussion including: Ontological Blackness Part I, Part II, and Part III, The Theology of Slavery Part I and Part II.
3. Brown People Scare Us – Oh no! Immigrants are everywhere! What shall we do?!?
2. Break Glass in Case of Emergency – just a friendly reminder to those I love and those who need to be reminded that they are loved.
1. Ghetto Ass Weddings – This is my lasting contribution to the InternetI could never blog again and I know that my blog could sustain its traffic on the backs of two blog entries. White Trash Weddings and this one are my lasting testaments to the Internet.
If you want to make sure that I see your comment or just want to stop by and say hi, feel free to do so on my message board. I apologize in advance for some of my regulars.