Since faithful assistant Lauren David tagged me with sixteen random things and grumpy old geocacher Mark Rainey tagged me for six random things. I’ve decided to split the difference and go with ten random things.
3) I have both a British and American passport. You never know when you’re going to have to flee a country on short notice.
4) “Voodoo Chile” by Jimi Hendrix is my theme song. I’ve been known to burst into my bedroom at three in the morning spouting the lyrics. My wife loves this as much as my Mojo Jo Jo impersonation as bedroom banter.
5) Though I’m not one for life verses … John 15:1-2 has been a theme: “”I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”
6) I always wanted to be a tap dancer. In fact, I daydreamed that my brother and I would grow up to be the next Nicholas Brothers
7) I love grape Nerds and white gummy bears. Yes, I will pick through a bag of gummy bears and only eat the white ones.
8) I refer to my church, and my small group in particular, as the Island of Misfit Toys.
9) I have a plastic rod along my spine to correct severe scoliosis. When it’s about to rain, my bones ache.
10) I’m not big on following rules. I also hate being tagged with stuff. Actually, Lauren knows this and specifically tagged me just to annoy me. I see her working. In that spirit, I’m not going to tag anyone. If you’re reading this and feel so moved, consider yourself tagged.
Oh, and since I was tagged in another “About You” meme, I’ve chosen to answer one question randomly:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my dad’s favorite drunk uncle.
If you want to make sure that I see your comment or just want to stop by and say “hi”, feel free to stop by my message board. We always welcome new voices to the conversation.